Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Today's trailer is for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This is one of my most awaited movies or this summer as I am a Harry Potter nerd. I have been getting back up to date by reading all the books again and going back and watching the movies so I can be ready for the fifth movie (Release: 7/11/2007) and the final book (Release: 7/21/2007).

Watch the trailer below:



Here is a brief summary of what will go down:

Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for his fifth year. He quickly learns that the Ministry of Magic and the wizarding community believe that Harry's story of his encounter with Lord Voldemort at the end of his previous year is a lie. More problems arise with the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Umbridge, who was appointed by Ministry of Magic officials to teach a "misistry approved" curriculum. With Voldemort on the rise and his Death Eaters (Voldemort's followers) lurking around corners, Harry and others take matters into their own hands and put together "Dumbledor's Army," a magical defense class taught by Harry. The Order of the Phoenix, a secret society set out to defeat Voldemort and his followers, is also introduced and grows into plenty of new adventures for Harry and his friends.

Links:
Harry Potter OOTP Unofficial Site
IMDB for Order of the Phoenix
More Apple Trailers
Harry Potter Official Site
Buy the Book

2 comments:

BizNazMan said...

Bryan,

I didn't catch your opinion of this trailer. And your picture link didn't work for me. I had to find the trailer on the harry potter website you provided below. Oh well.

Anywho, here's my thoughts on the trailer. I enjoyed the acting and I thought Harry was believable...somewhat. I'm mean common'd. When he says "I'm not weak," I'm not really buying that.

But I thought using the same music as Hook at that end was clutch. I think I'll put this one as "I might want to seen'd this one in theaters."

Bryan Plantes said...

Slayer,

I'm sorry about that as I posted this with limited time. Things at work were a little busy. I will post my opinion of the trailer tomorrow and try to get out another review later. Keep the criticism coming. I like getting the comments so I can be a better blogger. Thanks.

Bryan